To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
The course will take place pursuing 6 substantial objectives:
• To know the principles of Medical Oncology, with particular reference to the natural history of neoplastic disease and prognostic factors.
• To Know the main organ symptomatology of neoplasms and related diagnostic procedures.
• To Know the principles of medical therapy (chemotherapy, hormone therapy and molecular targeted drugs.
• To Know the objectives of the supportive treatments, and the specific strategies (control of the emesis from chemotherapy).
• To Know the methodology of clinical experimentation in oncology and the principles that govern translational research.
• Understand the care network and being able to direct the patient to the most suitable site for symptom management.
• Bladder tumors
• Colorectal cancer: eredo-familiarity, screening, adjuvant therapy
• Colorectal cancer: advanced phase therapy
• Tumors of the testis
• Carcinoma of the uterine cervix
• The hope in enemy diseases at the end of life
• Palliative care
• Supportive and palliative care