The course plans to develop the students' competences in relation to grammatical structures, vocabulary and functional language relevant to professional practices.
Specifically, the focus is on the following topics:
1) The field of English for Medical Purposes and its characteristics
2) Healthcare personnel, National Health Systems, the Hospital and their interactions
3) Anatomy and Physiology of the Human Body and its composition. Main human body systems analysis
4) Infectious Diseases, Prevention and Epidemiology
5) Screening and Medical Imaging
6) Symptoms and Signs, Diagnosis, Pain and Therapies
7) Scientific Research and Presentations: Structure and Organisation of a Scientific Paper - Its purpose and language features
8) Practice on Main medical Vocabulary and Scientific texts Analysis
|Nicola Pelizzari||English for Medical Purposes - A complete guide for Healthcare Professionals (Edizione 1)||Libreria Universitaria.it Edizioni||2019||978-88-3359-166-7|
Students' abilities assessment will be measured through a written exam aimed at verifying the knowledge of all the didactic module.