To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
At the end of the course the student should be able to accomplish the following objectives:
-acknowledge determinants of health and risk factors of disease
-acknowledge both individual and collective prevention strategies of diseases
-understanding interventions aimed at promoting the safety of health workers and patients/citizens.
-understanding the causes, pathogenetic mechanisms and methods of prevention and control of infection diseases
1. Introduction to Epidemiology: definition, objectives and epidemiology characteristics, measures in epidemiology.
2. The concept of health, disease and causes of disease epidemiology. Criteria for assessing the causal link.
3. Epidemiological studies: descriptive, analytical, experimental.
4. Elements for the evaluation of the main population health problems: the main diseases in the general population, leading causes of death in the general population.
5. Epidemiology and prevention of infectious diseases: the epidemiological chain and the methods of transmission (endemic, sporadic, epidemic diseases), the direct and indirect prophylaxis of infectious diseases, the specific prophylaxis (vaccine prophylaxis, basic knowledge of serum prophylaxis and chemoprophylaxis.
6. Epidemiology and primary and secondary prevention of major chronic diseases: ischemic heart disease, diabetes mellitus, COPD, malignancies, screening.
|Cesare Meloni||Igiene per le lauree delle professioni sanitarie||Casa Editrice Abrosiana||2009|
|Ricciardi-Angelillo-Brusaferro-De Giusti-De Vito-Moscato-Pavia-Siliquini-Villari||Igiene per le professioni sanitarie (Edizione 1)||Idelson-Gnocchi||2015||978-88-7947-590-7|
SCRIPT - (multiple choice test)