To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
|Lezioni e attività pratiche - 2° semestre (I-V anno)|
To view lesson hours, consult click in order to view the timetable here
This course is aimed at introducing the main social science issues interesting medical sciences at three tipical conceptualization levels: macro (health provision services and welfare state; meso (organizations and health professions; micro (doctor-patient relationships; socio-psychological supports in clinical decision-making).
Issues of the course are the following:
- relationships between medical and social sciences: biomedical determinants of social issues; social issues of medical determinants;
- social research and outcome measurements: quality of life and Patient-reported otcomes in clinicl research;
- social research and patient satisfaction;
- medical errors and medical mistakes: typology and consequences;
- health systems, redistributios and welfare-state models.
Written and oral