To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
Objectives of the course:
Knowledge: The course of Hygiene is oriented to provide a knowledge of the student with particular regard to topics useful for their profession.
In particular, this course must provide the student with the knowledge of:
- the behavior patterns related to the correct lifestyle,
- the assessment of socio-economic conditions and social and health conditions that are related to the state of health and / or illness of the population
-the basis of health education thanks to the knowledge of epidemiology and the prevention of infectious diseases and chronic degenerative diseases related to the various territorial realities.
Skills: The course aims to enable students, with regard to their profession, to:
- having acquired a correct behavior protocol to prevent infectious diseases, both for the patient and in relation to his working environment.
- be able to advise the patient in relation to what has been learned, proposing information (health education) according to the knowledge acquired on epidemiology and prevention of the main infectious and chronic degenerative diseases.
- General Epidemiology and Methodology
- General patterns of transmission of infectious diseases
- Models of prevention of infectious diseases.
- Epidemiology and prevention of cardiovascular diseases
- Epidemiology and prevention of chronic degenerative diseases. Primary prevention and health education. Secondary prevention.
|Auxilia F, Pontello M||“Igiene e Sanità Pubblica: I fondamenti della Prevenzione”||PICCIN - PADOVA||2011||978-88-299-2069-3|
Written exam: open questions on the topics explained during the lesson. Evaluation: vote in x / 30. Equal exam for students attending and not attending.
- Course slides are provided.