To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
The course is aimed to discuss and generate knowledge on internal medicine diseases, focusing on those with clinical manifestations involving mouth, neck/head. Pathophysiology, clinical presentation and complications of internal medicine disorders is part of the course.
The program of the course is divided into the following sections:
1. Collection of patient history and clinical evaluation;
2. General concepts of laboratory in internal medicine disorders;
3. Hematology. Anemias, disorders of coagulation and thrombocytopenias, main and most common myeloproliferative disorders, lymphomas, bone marrow transplantation (acute and chronic complication such as GVDH);
4. Cardiology. Ischemic cardiomyopathy and acute heart infarction, left heart failure;
6. Endocarditis and valve heart diseases;
8. Pneumology. Pneumonias, pulmonary thromboembolism, COPD, acute and chronic bronchitis;
9. Nephrology: acute and chronic kidney disease;
10. Endocrinology. Diabetes, thyropathies (hyper/hypo); parathyroid diseases; adrenal gland diseases (i.e.: hyperaldosternism);
11. Reumathology. Main rheumatologic disease with complications involving mouth: RA, LES, Syogren S, Systemic sclerosis, Bechet disease, vasculitis;
12. Gastroenterology. (i) Main disorders of the esophagus, stomach in particular acute/chronic gastritis, HPP infection and related complications; (ii) malabsorption and coeliac disease; (iii) chronic bowel inflammatory diseases; (iv) hepatic cirrhosis;
13. Principles of infectious diseases important in dental care. HBV-HCV hepatitis, AIDS, herpes virus and tuberculosis.
Interactive discussion of clinical cases related to daily practice is part of the course, generally closing the different subsections of the course.
|Dennis L. Kasper, Eugene Braunwald, Anthony Fauci, Stephen Hauser, Dan Longo, J. Larry Jameson||Harrison - Principi di Medicina Interna.2 voll. (Edizione 19)||McGraw-Hill, Milano||2015|
|C. Rugarli||Medicina Interna Sistematica||MASSON||2016|
The exam is divided into 2 steps:
There is a multi-choice test followed by oral exam for those who reach 18/30 score.