To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
The course introduces the student to the understanding of the determinants of health, risk factors, prevention strategies both individual and collective, and of interventions to promote the health and safety of their users. It also aims to understand the causes, the pathogenic mechanisms, and methods of prevention and control of infectious diseases
The infections related to care processes:
epidemiology, localization, etiology, transmission routes
Epidemiological surveillance and interventions to stop the chain of infection
• Standard precautions
- Indications and technique of washing hands
- Indications and technique of surgical hand
- Use of gloves
- Use of the visor / goggles - use surgical mask
- Characteristics of products (chlorhexidine, types of solutions and concentrations, amuchina, povidone-iodine, time, keeping, deadlines)
• The Deans Management, Tools and Equipment
- The classification of the principals in a critical, semi-critical and non-critical.
- Types of disinfectants (chlorine and derivatives polyphenols)
- Criteria of effectiveness of disinfection high level to instruments that can not be sterilized (concentration, time, temperature)
- Some operational contextualisation as the management of shopping therapy, the material for the hygiene of the patient, the sterile field, use of sterile gloves..
• Disposal of the different types of waste
• Lingerie management
• Principles and environmental health criteria
• Health education to patients and visitors
• Additional precautions for transmission by contact
- Guidelines for the adoption of contact precautions;
- Correct use of additional security devices contact: coat, gloves, patient positioning, patient and family education.
• Additional precautions for transmission by air
- Indications for taking precautions by air;
- Correct use of additional security devices: FFP2-FFP3 masks.
• Additional precautions for the transmission for Droplet
- Guidelines for the adoption of precautions for droplet;
- Correct use of additional security devices: surgical mask;
Respiratory hygiene / cough etiquette
Bibliografia:Saiani e Brugnolli. Trattato di Cure Infermieristiche, 2020, Ed. Sorbona Napoli
|Luisa Saiani, Anna Brugnolli||Trattato di cure infermieristiche (Edizione 2)||Sorbona||2014|
|Saiani-Brugnolli||Trattato di cure infermieristiche (Edizione 3)||Sorbona||2020||9788879477314|