To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
The course aims the student to know and study the main determinants of health and disease, the preventive strategies both individual and collective, and of interventions to promote the health and safety of their users. Particularly, it aims to understand the causes, the pathogenic mechanisms, and methods of prevention and control of infectious diseases and the main chronic diseases as outcomes of lifestyles.
Introduction to epidemiology:
- Definitions, objectives and features epidemiology;
- Measures in epidemiology.
The concept of health, disease and causes of disease.
Criteria for assessing the causal link.
Epidemiological studies: descriptive, analytical, and experimental studies.
Elements for the assessment of the main problems of health of a population:
- Major diseases in the general population;
- Main causes of death in the general population.
Epidemiology and Prevention of Infectious Diseases:
- Epidemiological chain and transmission mode: endemic, sporadic, epidemic diseases;
- The direct and indirect prophylaxis of infectious diseases;
- The specific prophylaxis: vaccine and vaccinations, elements of serum and chemo-prophylaxis;
Epidemiology, primary and secondary (screenings) prevention of main chronic-degenerative diseases: ischemic heart disease, diabetes and most frequent malignant neoplastic diseases;
|Francesco Vitale, Michele Zagra||Igiene, epidemiologia e organizzazione sanitaria orientata per problemi (Edizione 1)||ELSEVIER||2012||978-88-214-3424-2|
|Ricciardi W, Angelillo IF, Boccia S, Bruno S et al||Igiene, Medicina preventiva, Sanità pubblica (Edizione 2)||Idelson Gnocchi||2013||978-88-7947-562-4|
Written test with multiple choice and, if necessary, oral interview