To acquire advanced knowledge on diagnostics, differential diagnosis, pathology, monitoring and treatment of Multiple Sclerosis and other inflammatory demyelinating pathologies of the central nervous system
Multiple sclerosis is a demyelinating neurodegenerative disease, with lesions within the white and grey matter of the central nervous system; it is one of the most frequent disabling pathologies of the young adult; there are almost 180 cases per 100,000 inhabitants, with direct and indirect spending of over 200,000,000 euros a year in Veneto alone. There are also many other demyelinating pathologies that enter into differential diagnosis with Multiple Sclerosis.
The course aims to provide a thorough update on the latest knowledge in the field of Multiple Sclerosis and other major demyelinating diseases of the CNS (optic neuromyelitis, Encephalomyelitis Acuta Disseminata etc.).
The course will have an advanced level.
The following topics will be dealt with:
- Diagnostic aspects of multiple sclerosis and its differential diagnosis with particular regard to the use of neuroimaging and neuropsychological evaluation
- Pathogenesis with particular attention to the recent findings in the neuropathological field
- Main clinical disorders with particular attention to cognitive disorders
- Monitoring of the patient
- Treatments with particular attention to the latest therapies available
- Some clinical cases will be presented in order to promote interactivity.
Eligibility based on course attendance
Date: 26 october e 9 november 2020 between 5.30 pm and 7.15 pm
Recommended year: 5° e 6°
Link Zoom: https://univr.zoom.us/j/5869192108