The elective course on Digestive Endoscopy aims at disseminating knowledge of the role of endoscopy for the management of digestive diseases. Indications, limits, and possibilities of different procedures will be discussed during lessons with the help of videos to facilitate the learning of practical points.
- Upper GI endoscopy: How is an endoscope made. Endoscopic appearance of common diseases of the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum.
- Colonoscopy: How to prepare for a colonoscopy. Superficial mucosal lesions. Impact of screening programs. Resection techniques overview.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS): Principles of ultrasound, indications, tissue acquisition, and therapeutic possibilities.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography (ERCP): indications, techniques, and complications.
Attendance-based eligibility (at least 75% of lessons).
Days and time:
- Monday, November the 2nd, 17.30 - 19.30
- Monday, November the 9th, 17.30 - 19.30
- Monday, November the 16th, 17.30 - 19.30
- Monday, November the 23rd, 17.30 - 19.30
Site: Gastroenterology room, 5th floor, staircase F, Borgo Roma Hospital
Recommended for students from the fourth year.