To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
Provide to students the basic knowledge necessary to understand the mechanisms of action(s) of the drugs and predict and manage their therapeutic and toxic effecs
Goal of this module is to provide the student with the scientific knowledge required to:
• Understand the mechanisms of action of drugs responsible of their beneficial and adverse effects,
• Learn how clinical evaluation is applied to the study and industrial development of drugs,
• Know the rules governing drug-cell interaction and pharmacokinetics.
• Understand the rules of a rational approach to therapy
• Know the effects and the clinical use of the classes of drugs relevant in the specific professional context including antiinflammatory drugs, drugs used for control of infections; vasoconstrictors and other drugs active on the autonomic nervous system, control of pain in odontoiatry.
Programme of the course
Analysis of drug/receptor interaction and the generation of drug effect(s).
Terminology related to drug use, the methodologies of drug identification and clinical development.
Adverse reactions: classification and reporting
Pharmacokinetics: diffusion across membranes/barriers and models of PK; absorption, distribution and elimination of drugs; drug metabolism; operative terminology: volume of distribution, half-life, clearance
Drug metabolism and elimination; the CYP system; therapy with multiple doses e therapy modification in presence of pathologies of the clearing organs.
Mechanisms of action, effects, therapeutic uses and adverse reactions of
Drugs for the management of pain: local anesthetics and opioids
Drugs acting on the autonomic nervous system and vasoconstrictors
|Clementi Fumagalli||Farmacologia Generale e Molecolare (Edizione 5)||Edra||2018||978-88-214-4436-4|
|A. Conforti, L. Cuzzolin, R. Leone, U. Moretti, G. Pignataro, M. Taglialatela, M. Vanzetta||Farmacologia per le professioni sanitarie (Edizione 1)||Idelson-Gnocchi||2015||978-88-7947-592-1|
Written exam with multiple choice questions