To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
To provide the basic notions about respiratory illnesses and respiratory diagnostic tests.
To create instruments to understand diagnostic tests, regarding gas exchange, pulmonary function tests, sleep-related disorders.
To give notions to understand the interactions between respiratory system and cardiocirculatory system, from a physiologic and pathophysiologic point of view.
Active participation in respiratory physiology lab and sleep lab.
Introduction to respiratory illnesses:
- anatomy and function of the respiratory system
Approach to the patient with respiratory illnesses:
- pulmonary function tests: flow-volume loop, lung volumes, plethysmography, TLCO
- bronchodilation test, methacoline challenge test
- walking test, cardiopulmonary exercise test
- arterial blood gases analysis: gas exchange, acid-base balance
Imaging in respiratory illnesses:
- chest X-ray, CT scan
Endoscopic diagnostic procedures: interaction with cardio-circulatory system
- definition, diagnosis, treatment: oxygen, HFO2, non invasive ventilation, invasive ventilation - interaction with cardio-circulatory system
Upper airways inflammations
Low respiratory tract infections
Obstructive lung diseases: asthma, COPD, bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis
Professional and environmental illnesses
Pulmonary circulation diseases: pulmonary embolism, pulmonary hypertension
Diffuse lung diseases
Respiratory and cardio-circulatory sleep-related diseases
|C. Rugarli, L.M. Fabbri||Medicina interna sistematica - Estratto: Malattie dell'apparato respiratorio||Elsevier - Edra||2016|