To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary for understanding diagnostic and therapeutic ENT procedures.
At the lessons' conclusion, students will obtain appropriate knowledge to be able to support a prompt and effective conversation with patients and their families about ENT diseases.
Students will acquire both pathophysiological and clinical basic knowledge of adults and children ENT diseases and rudiments of ENT methodology and therapy, especially concerning diseases of urgency.
Finally, students will be experienced in the main daily surgical ENT procedures.
-Ear anatomy and physiology. Otoscopic and otoendoscopic procedures. Hearing loss classification.
- Functional diagnostics: objective and sobjective audiometry. Child audiometry.
- Outer ear diseases. Middle ear diseases: media, acute and chronic otitis, cholestetoma, otosclerosis. Surgical techniques: myringoplasty, tympanoplasty, ossiculoplasty, stapedoplasty.
- Vestibology: anatomical physiology. Clinical and instrumental semiotics. Diagnosis and treatment.
- Pediatric hearing loss: classification, diagnostics and rehabilitation. Cochlear implants: surgical indications and techniques. Neonatal hearing screening.
- Paranasal sinuses anatomy and physiology. Nose and sinuses inflammatory disease. Nasal and sinus polyposis. Epistaxis.
- Skull base: anatomy. ENT anterior and lateral skull base deseases. Surgical procedures.
- Benign and malignant tumors of paranasal sinuses.
- Pharynx anatomy and physiology. Acute and chronic tonsillitis. Tonsillectomy.
- Salivary glands: inflammatory and neoplastic iseases.
- Larynx anatomy and physiology. Vocal cord paralysis. Larynx benign and malignant diseases.
- Larynx surgery: cordectomies, reconstructive and total laryngectomies.
- Dyspnea. Tracheotomy.
- Neck anatomy. Lymph node levels. Neck masses' diagnostics. Lateral cervical lymph nodes draining.
- Anatomy and pathology of salivary glands
|Roberto Albera, Giovanni Rossi||Otorinolaringoiatria (Edizione 4)||Minerva Medica||2016||887711875X|