To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
The teaching aims to:
- let to know the field and methods, research and clinical of General, Clinical and Health Psychology
- Learn the main functions of the mind: memory, thought, perception, language, motivation and emotions.
- Learn the cognitive and emotional stages of the childhood
- Learn the main emotional reactions to the disease (and related mechanisms of defense),
- Learn Psychology and Psychopathology of pregnancy and birth
- Know how to apply the psychological knowledge in obstetric field (EFD, perinatal bereavement, premature birth, etc) and know possible psychopathological implications
- Adress specific topic, on a psychological level (menopause, infertility, child or women abuse)
- To be able to develop critical thinking and to be able to make consistent health decisions
- Deepen one's relational skills, as health worker
- Foundations of General Psychology (the origins, the theorethical approaches. The main functions of the mind: thought, perception, memory, language, motivation and emotions, learning).
- Clinical and Health Psychology (prevention and disease behaviors, mechanisms of defense, coping, main psychological reactions to disease.
- Bereavement reactions and the theory of E. Kubler-Ross.
- Relationship and Communication in Health contest
- Psychology of pregnancy and maternity
- Psychopathology in pregnancy and puerperium
- Developmental Psychology: cognitive and emotional development of the child, attachment process,etc
- Psychological aspects and related care of premature birth: parents, babies and health workers
- Psychological aspects and related care of perinatal loss
- Notes of Psychology of Emergency: the role of emotions, stress, burnout, trauma
- Abuse: preventive, clinical and care aspects. The specific case of "shaken baby syndrome".
Anolli L, Legrenzi P. Psicologia Generale. Il Mulino, Bologna, 2006.
Ammaniti M. Pensare per due. Nella mente delle madri. Laterza, 2008
Simeti F. Psicologia della Maternità. Cortina, 2006
Tenuti F. Il bambino prematuro. Programmi di intervento e di sostegno psicologico. Carocci, 2007
Bowlby J. Attaccamento e perdita. Bollati Boringhieri,
Canadian Pediatric Society Statement Guidelines for health care professionals supporting families experiencing a perinatal loss. 2001