To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
The course aims to provide to the student knowledge of clinical pharmacology necessary for nursing, useful to understand the risks and benefits associated with drugs, in the control and management of pharmacological therapies and in education of patients to drug use.
At the end of the Course, the student should know the most important characteristics, the main indications, the mechanism of action, the pharmacokinetics, the contraindications, the cautions, the problems related to the management of the therapy, the most common and serious adverse reactions of each of the following therapeutic classes:
- Respiratory drugs: antiasthmatics, cough suppressants, mucolytics
- Gastrointestinal drugs: antisecretives and antiacids, prokinetics, antiemetics, laxatives
- Cardiovascular drugs: antihypertensives (diuretics, ACE inhibitors and sartans, beta blockers, ,Calcium channel blockers), digitalis, antiarrhythmics, Antihypertensives, antianginals, diuretics, cholesterol lowering agents, Anticoagulants, Antiplatelet agents (the following categories also include Calcium channel blockers, beta blockers, ACE inhibitors, sartans and statins)
- Antithrombotic agents: anticoagulants, antiaggregants, thrombolytics
- CNS Drugs: opioid analgesics, anxiolytic/sedative-hypnotics (benzodiazepines), antidepressants.
|Marina Vanzetta Roberto Leone Maurizio Volterrani||Farmaci e infermiere. Un prontuario per la somministrazione||McGraw-Hill Education||2013|
|Anna Maria DI Giulio, Silvano Gabriele Cella||Farmacologia generale e speciale per le lauree sanitarie (Edizione 2)||Piccin||2018||9788829929429|
|Taglialatela Conforti Cuzzolin Leone Mattioli Moretti Pignataro Vanzetta||Farmacologia per le lauree triennali e magistrali II Edizione (Edizione 2)||Sorbona||2019|
Learning evaluation is made inside the written exam of "Application of diagnostic and therapeutic processes": 24 questions referred to Clinical Pharmacology are provided through multiple-choice answers (2 correct between 5) or semi-structured.