The course is organized in 6 lessons. The course aim is to discuss the principles of surgical oncology (e.g. TNM staging system, staging modalities, etc) in the treatment of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliopancreatic diseases. Surgical techniques and preoperative (e.g. neoadjuvant chemotherapy and radio-chemotherapy) as well as intraoperative multimodality treatments (e.g. RITA, TACE, HIPEC, etc) will be discussed.
1. Principles of surgical oncology. TNM staging, resection margins, survival analysis, etc.
2. Principles of pre-operative staging and peri-operative management
3. Treatment of esophago-gastric tumors
4. Treatment of colo-rectal tumors
5. Treatment of primary and metastatic peritoneal tumors
6. Treatment of NET and GIST
|Renzo Dionigi||Chirurgia||Masson Editore||2017|
Attendance based certification
Dates: Tuesday 01/10/2020, Tuesday 08/10/2020, Tuesday 15/10/2020, Tuesday 22/10/2020, Tuesday 29/10/2020, Tuesday 05/11/2020
Time: 5.30 pm
Location: Aula U.O.C. di Chirurgia Generale ed Epatobiliare, III piano, Policlinico G.B. Rossi
Recommended for 5 and 6 year course students