To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
The course will deal with topics of Integrative Physiology applied to movement and sport.
Through an in-depth study of specific aspects of human physiology and a quantitative approach, the course aims to facilitate the understanding of the control mechanisms, of the integrated functioning of organs and systems aimed at maintaining homeostasis. The focus of the course will be in particular the knowledge of acute responses to the exercise and adaptive responses to training.
• Introduction to exercise physiology: concept of homeostasis, interpretation of graphs, concept of threshold and sensitivity / gain, concept of steady state
• Characterization of the ventilatory response, integrated ventilation control, VO2max concept, notes on measurement methods
• Integrated pH control; Bicarbonate
• Acute cardiovascular responses to different types of exercise
• Adaptive acute cardiovascular responses to different types of exercise
• Cardiorespiratory fitness indexes: definitions, measurement methods, use for monitoring and exercise prescription
• Quantification of workloads, equivalent load concept
• Temperature control
|W. D. Mcardle, F. I. Katch, V. L. Katch
|FISIOLOGIA APPLICATA ALLO SPORT Aspetti energetici, nutrizionali e performance
|Casa Editrice Ambrosiana
Written exam (20 multiple-choiche questions with 5 answers)