To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
The course aims to make students understand the role of genetic testing in the clinical course of the patient. The course also aims to provide students who have no medical training the basic knowledge on the clinical aspects concerning the genetic basis of diseases. The course aims to provide an updated view of molecular biology techniques that are used in a clinical setting.
• Introduction and organization of the molecular biology laboratory
• Extraction of nucleic acids
• Electrophoresis of nucleic acids
• Hybridization dot/blot and reverse dot/blot
• PCR e Real-time PCR
• Sequencing and next generation sequencing
• Main methods of proteomics (chromatography, spettrometry..)
• FISH and Array-CGH
|Ciaccio M, Lippi G||Biochimica Clinica e Medicina di Laboratorio (Edizione 2017)||EdiSES Edizioni Scientifiche ed Universitarie||2017||9788879599580|
Written test, with open questions and multi choice questions.
The exam is based on all the course contents.
The exam is passed if the evaluation is greater or equal to 18/30.