The course is organized in 6 lessons. The course aim is to discuss the principles of surgical oncology (e.g. TNM staging system, staging modalities, etc) in the treatment of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliopancreatic diseases. Surgical techniques and preoperative (e.g. neoadjuvant chemotherapy and radio-chemotherapy) as well as intraoperative multimodality treatments (e.g. RITA, TACE, HIPEC, etc) will be discussed.
1. Principles of surgical oncology. TNM staging, resection margins, survival analysis, etc.
2. Principles of pre-operative staging and peri-operative management
3. Treatment of esophago-gastric tumors
4. Treatment of colo-rectal tumors
5. Treatment of primary and metastatic liver tumors
6. Treatment of NET and GIST
|Renzo Dionigi||Chirurgia||Masson Editore||2017|
Attendance based certification
Dates: Tuesday 02/10/2018, Tuesday 09/10/2018, Tuesday 16/10/2018, Tuesday 23/10/2018, Tuesday 30/10/2018, Tuesday 06/11/2018
Time: 5.30 pm
Location: Aula U.O.C. di Chirurgia Generale ed Epatobiliare, III piano, Policlinico G.B. Rossi
Recommended for 5 and 6 year course students