To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
The course will take place pursuing 6 substantial objectives:
• To know the principles of Medical Oncology, with particular reference to the natural history of neoplastic disease and prognostic factors.
• To Know the main organ symptomatology of neoplasms and related diagnostic procedures.
• To Know the principles of medical therapy (chemotherapy, hormone therapy and molecular targeted drugs.
• To Know the objectives of the supportive treatments, and the specific strategies (control of the emesis from chemotherapy).
• To Know the methodology of clinical experimentation in oncology and the principles that govern translational research.
• Understand the care network and being able to direct the patient to the most suitable site for symptom management.
• Methodology of general clinical studies (retrospective analysis, prognostic and predictive models, analysis of clinical and molecular variables, model validation principles)
• Molecular biology of solid tissues
• Translational aspects of pancreatic and biliary neoplasia
• Pulmonary carcinoma (prevention and screening, adjuvant therapy)
• Neutropenia, anemia and iatrogenic thrombocytopenia
• Breast cancer: introduction, prevention and screening, eredo-familiarity