To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
|Lezioni 1° semestre 2°- 6° anno|
To view lesson hours, consult click in order to view the timetable here
Medical students will be able to grasp basic knowledge related to epidemiology, classification, pathophysiology, methodological and diagnostic istopathological and clinical approaches, impact of treatment on natural history of main hematological, reumathological, allergic, gastroenterological, infectious and cutaneous disorders.
1. Regulation of hematopoiesis, proliferation and differentiation; physiological emocatheresis
2. Physiopathology and clinicial features of anemias. Hyporegenerative anemias and pancytopenias. Leucopenia and agranulocytosis.
3. Iron deficiency-related anemia and iron metabolism. Inflammation-related anemias.
4. Macrocytic/megaloblastic anemias and folate and B12-deficiency
5. Congenital hemolytic anemias, hemoglobinopathies and talassemia. Immunohemolytic acute and chronic anemias
7. Congenital coagulopathies (hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, etc.). Acquired coagulopathies and purpura.
8. Lymphoadenopathies. Splenomegaly.
9. Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
10. Chronic Lymphoid Leukemia
11. Myeloma. Waldenstroem's Macroglobulinemia
12. Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Non-Hodgkin's Lymphomas
13. Acute leukemias. Myelodisplasia, preleukemic syndromes.
14. Concepts and indications to bone marrow transplant
15. Transfusional therapy and indications.
Exams consists of two parts:
1) Written exam with multi-choice questions dealing with lessons done by all the teachers;
2) Oral exam only for candidates who pass the written exam: discussion on clinical cases or epidemiologiy, diagnostics and clinical features of diseases