Course not running
- 0 years
- Controlling body
Comitato scientifico del Corso di perfezionamento in Competenze infermieristiche avanzate nella gestione di percorsi assistenziali per pazienti complessi di area medica.
Post-graduate completion courses
- Macro area
- Scienze della Vita e della Salute
- Area disciplinare
- Medicina e Chirurgia
The course aims to train professionals with advanced skills in the planning and management of patient care in need of complex medical treatment. In particular the course focuses on building and sharing care pathways for more frequent and challenging clinical profiles.
The course aims to develop the following competencies:
• carrying out a systematic second level assessment using specific evaluation tools in order to detect and monitor the patient’s clinical, emotional and social problems.
• supporting decisions regarding planning and assistance with scientific evidence and guidelines
• implementing and coordinating clinical care pathways for patients with heart failure, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, non-Q, and acute respiratory failure
• identifying the patient’s and/or care giver’s deficits and skills in order to plan educational interventions, preparation for discharge, the rehabilitation phase and helping to cope with changes in lifestyle-related chronic degenerative disease
• debating the usefulness of standard care plans and strategies for personalized care
• developing the safe management of therapies, in particular, drug interactions, monitoring, as well as infusion, cardiovascular, anti coagulants, and insulin therapy
• developing strategies in support of patients and their families during the process of communicating serious diagnosis and prognosis
• improving the management of pain and symptoms of the terminal patient as well as approaches to palliative nursing and assisting the critically ill patient and their family
• identifying organizational models based on responsibility for the patient and the family, ensuring continuity of care and patient education, particularly in cases of difficult hospital discharges
• acquiring the abilities to supervise and counsel staff members and students so as to ensure professional development and
the safety of patients.